There are 27 key competencies, categorized under five functional groups:
1.1. Assess authenticity of a credential;
1.2. Assess accuracy of translation;
1.3. Assess status of an institution using precedents;
1.4. Assess status of an institution in the absence of relevant precedents;
1.5. Assess comparability of a foreign credential using precedents;
1.6. Assess comparability of a foreign credential in the absence of relevant precedents;
1.7. Describe educational programs (Optional competency).
2. Information management
2.1. Use databases;
2.2. Maintain records and statistics;
2.3. Analyze information from diverse sources;
2.4. Create resources for credential assessment (optional competency).
3.1. Communicate with client/applicant;
3.2. Communicate with other education, assessment, and credential professionals;
3.3. Communicate in English and/or French.
4. Professional competencies
4.1. Engage in professional and ethical practice;
4.2. Develop yourself;
4.3. Help others to develop;
4.4. Customer service.
5. Specialist competencies (all additional competencies)
5.1. Specialize in specific national education systems;
5.2. Specialize in specific occupational sectors;
5.3. Master additional languages;
5.4. Lead a team;
5.5. Manage others;
5.6. Lead the organization;
5.7. Lead the organization's quality assurance processes;
5.8. Develop assessment policy and strategy.
Furthermore, each of these 27 competency descriptions has detailed information on:
- reference levels 每 qualification(s) required based on the qualifications frameworks, Modified Bloom levels, relative importance to other competencies, frequency, and difficulty to learn;
- performance criteria 每 what a competent assessor must be able to do in order to achieve the statement in the title;
- range of circumstances 每 the extent and circumstances of that performance;
- knowledge 每 what a competent assessor should know and understand;
- assessment criteria 每 what evidence is required to demonstrate this competency;
- in most cases, specific values, attitudes, and examples.
A detailed description of one specific competency is provided below to illustrate the information structure:
Get detailed information on each specific competency in the Competency Profile for an Academic Credential Assessor 每 Volume 1.
You may also get more information about the competency profile for an academic credential assessor to learn how it was developed and its content.